Life Style


Visiting your family and living with them in the United States is a dream for many people. Though, living with your loved ones is easy but applying for a family immigration visa to the United States is not an easy process. There might be some security restrictions, country laws, administrative procedures and more, which might become a hurdle for you to unite your family members in the United States. Luckily, you do not have to worry. We are here to help you out in exploring the multiple options that you can use for your family immigration for the United States.


Every immigration application is different in terms of members, finances and other conditions. To cater to different types of immigrant family members around the world, USCIS that is U.S. Citizenship Immigration Services, has various visa options available for the families to select. You can also select one of these immigration options that suits your needs and live with your family in the US.

  • K-1 Fiancé(e) Visa:

This visa is for permanent residents or current U.S citizens who are planning to marry a non-US citizen. You can apply for a K-1 visa for your soon to be spouse who lives outside of the United States while you are preparing for your wedding. To obtain assistance with obtaining a sponsorship license, you can contact an experienced immigration lawyer. you have to meet few requirements, that will include:

  1. Your fiancé should pass all Medical Examinations required by the embassy.
  2. Within 180 days after acquiring the visa, your fiancé must visit the United States.
  3. You should be married with in a 90 days’ time after your fiancé comes to the U.S.
  4. If you both fail to follow these requirements then it might result in deportation and cancelling of the visa application.
  • K-2 Visa:

This visa is only applicable to people who have already acquired K-1 visa. If there are any issues with the K-1 visa and the visa holder faces deportation, the K-2 visa holders will also be deported back. K-2 visa is basically for your noncitizen fiancé to bring in their children to the United States after receiving a K-1 visa for themselves. If they fail to meet requirements for K-1 visa and are deported then the children will also be deported back.

  • K-3 Spouse Visa:

This is for the married couple which means bringing in your noncitizen spouse to the United States. If you have already married your noncitizen fiancé outside US then you can use the K-3 visa. This way you can allow them to live with you in the United States. You have to first file an I-130 petition for your noncitizen partner. Under such conditions, the noncitizen spouse can stay with you till the petition is processed with the help of K-3 visa granted to them.

  • K-4 Child of Spouse Visa:

The K-4 visa similar to the K-2 visa can only be granted after your spouse has secured their K-3 visa. This visa is for the children of your noncitizen spouse. If you being an American has already married a noncitizen having children, after receiving K-3 visa, they can apply for K-4 visa. They can bring their young children to the US through K-4 visa and you all can live under the same roof without any hurdles. However, if there is any issue with the K-3 visa and your spouse gets deported back, the same thing is applicable to their children. In such a case, the K-4 visa for children will also be cancelled and they will also be deported back.

  • I-130 Application:

Bringing you partner and immediate family through immigration can be tough for a permanent resident. However, you can apply for I-130 application and allow eligible relatives to come and reside with you. The list includes; children, parents, siblings and spouses. Upon receiving USCIS approval to the petition, your relative or spouse still needs to wait for an immigrant visa before they start their permanent residency. 

There are four entries for immigrant visas base on priority. The first priority allows any unmarried children who are 21 years or older of the US citizen. Second priority include unmarried children and spouses of lawful permanent resident. Third and fourth priorities include married children and siblings of U.S citizen, respectively. Once they get their petition approves and a permanent resident immigration status, they are granted a green card.

Getting an immigration visa especially for a big family for the US is not always as easy as it seems. It is recommended to reach out to experienced Immigration lawyers US to ensure a positive outcome. We hope that you find all this information useful and soon meet your loved ones in the United States without any hurdles. So, what are you waiting for?

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button